WDDS is currently seeking Part-time Direct Support Professionals
As a leader in the field of Developmental Services, Woodstock and District Developmental Services (WDDS) has experienced continuous growth and is currently recruiting Direct Support Professionals to assist people with developmental disabilities find a satisfying and purposeful place in their community by enhancing their quality of life and promoting personal growth.
WDDS provides exciting employment, advancement and leadership development opportunities. A career at WDDS offers you a competitive salary, benefits, flexible hours, extensive training and most of all, work that truly makes a difference in the lives of people with developmental disabilities.
To be considered for a Direct Support Professional position at WDDS you must have:
• Minimum Grade 12 with related experience supporting people with developmental disabilities with diverse needs, which may include medication administration, assisting with personal care and activities of daily living and planning activities that reflect individualized interests and inclusion in the community
• Experience utilizing computer software. Knowledge of AIMS would be considered an asset.
• Valid Driver’s License with a current Driver’s Abstract
• Current Police Check including Vulnerable Screening
• Valid CPR Emergency First Aid Certificate
• Flexibility in working hours to accommodate support requirements. This may include working days, evenings, nights, weekends and public holidays.
If you feel you can make a difference and want a career with meaning, please send your resume along with cover letter to email@example.com.
Only candidates selected to begin the hiring process will be contacted. Candidates must provide proof of education credentials at the time of the interview along with three (3) employment references.
WDDS is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace. WDDS offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by WDDS regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation.